A naturopathy is a drugless approach used to treat all forms of disorders and illnesses. It involves stimulating the body to self-heal itself by undertaking multiple therapies. The various types of therapies used in naturopathy include hydrotherapy, homeopathy, herbs, physical manipulations, massage, and nutritional counseling.
Naturopathic care in Calgary is efficient in maintaining optimal health for long years and the practice is widely known for supporting and promoting ideal health.
Its goal is to treat patients in terms of body, mind, and spirit. In addition to this, it also cures the root cause of various illnesses. Naturopathic medicine is practiced by the following specialists:
- Traditional naturopaths: Although the practitioners do not have a valid license from any medical school, they are well informed about the practice.
- Naturopathic practitioner: They are usually trained for four years and are also required to study nutrition, complementary therapies, and psychology. They are expected to pass an examination in order to practice.
- Healthcare providers: Some dentists, nurses, medical doctors, and chiropractors have knowledge about naturopathic medicine.
Reasons why you need to visit a naturopath
1. Aftercare focuses on prevention of diseases – Naturopathy concentrates on the application of treatments depending on the causes of certain conditions.
2. Root cause – To find the cause and cure for particular pain that may evolve.
3. Options – After a diagnosis has been determined, various treatments such as herbal medicine, acupuncture, nutritional supplementation, traditional Chinese medicine, and dietary advice can be offered.
4. Answers – To acquire accurate information on symptoms experienced.
5. Hormone Help – Hormone balancing can be aided by nutritional and herbal remedies
6. Relationship Building
Benefits of Naturopathic care
Disorder Treatment: Naturopathy has the ability and power to cure most common illnesses by traditional medicine
Sleeping Aid: Naturopathic medicine provides solutions on how to treat insomnia and sleep disorders
Disease Prevention: Prevention of ailment is the first action taken then followed by correct nutrition for one to have a healthy body
Increases self -awareness: It aids the patients to have a better understanding of their bodies. It also helps individuals to tell when their bodies are experiencing pains, aches and other symptoms
Changes the way one thinks: Helps the patient to apprehend the significance of psychological, spiritual, and social elements to their well being
Safe and effective treatment: Naturopathic practice objective is to treat diseases and disorders so as to restore the natural body functioning. It is a treatment that involves effective restoring methods, self-care decisions that can prevent health problems in the future.
Conditions That Naturopathic Care Can Assist
- Sleep disorders
- Cold and flu
- Chronic pain
- Allergies and asthma
- Cardiovascular disease
- Digestive disorders
- Integrative cancer care
Some of the known side effects are listed below:
Spinal adjustments: A part of the treatment may include applying pressure to the spine, which may lead to damage to the nerves, bones, arteries, and spinal discs. It may result in a stroke in some cases.
Detox diets: This treatment is used to get rid of any toxins in the body. It involves fasting or avoiding the consumption of certain foods for long periods of time. This might be dangerous to people who might have chronic conditions such as diabetes.
Supplements (vitamin and herbal): The risk of a disease like cancer may be raised by certain vitamins if consumed in large doses.
Risks of Naturopathy
- Lengthy procedure – Its quite a long process that requires study and understanding of family history and background in order to treat the illness.
- Inappropriate for some health conditions – Practitioners may be unable to cure trauma such as a broken leg.
- Health risks – Nerves, bones, spinal discs or arteries may be damaged if pressure or force is applied to the spine
Centennial Wellness is a health clinic that manages and helps in the diagnosis of skeletal injuries and conditions. The clinic is located at Calgary in Canada.
The practitioners and doctors hired are certified and highly experienced. Services offered by our clinic include physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage therapy, naturopathic care, acupuncture, Garston therapy, custom fit foot orthotics, sports cupping therapy, functional movements evaluations, intramuscular stimulation, and shockwave therapy.