COVID 19 – UPDATE AND CENTENNIAL WELLNESS RELAUNCH STRATEGY
Centennial Wellness is fully open for all of your wellness needs. Our staff and practitioners continue to ensure that all health and safety protocols are our top priority. The clinic will continue to be “by appointment only” to limit walk-in traffic.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Appointment booking procedures will continue to include a symptom screening. Patients will be asked to complete a self-screening tool online (screen will be emailed to you 2 hours prior to your appointment). Any person with symptoms or other cause for concern according to the screening tool will be asked not to attend their appointment and will be referred to call 811 for further instruction.
INFECTION CONTROL AND OPERATIONAL PRACTICES
1. DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION
Disinfection and Sanitization of the entire clinic prior to opening each day.
2. CLEANING OF HIGH-TOUCH AREAS AND SURFACES
Commonly touched areas include but are not limited to: light switches, doorknobs, taps, handrails, counter tops, touch screens/mobile devices, phones and keyboards and point-of-sale machines will be cleaned after each patient.
3. CLEANING OF COMMON AREAS
Cleaning of reception, washrooms and any waiting room will be cleaned thoroughly multiple times of the day.
4. CLEANING OF TREATMENT AREAS, EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
Patient contact items must be cleaned and disinfected between each patient/use: treatment tables, exercise equipment, therapeutic tools, modalities and diagnostic tools.
All laundry will be collected after each patient use and will be laundered.
5. HYGIENE PRACTICES FOR CLINICAL STAFF
All clinical staff have been educated and trained in AHS approved hand cleaning and PPE use for the purpose of infection control and prevention. All staff are required to demonstrate proper hand hygiene when entering and exiting the clinic, entering and exiting treatment rooms, after contacting certain surfaces and with any direct contact with others.
All staff will don the use of appropriate personal protective equipment related to patient care, cleaning and other clinical or non-clinical activities.
6. HYGIENE PRACTICES FOR PATIENTS
All patients accessing the clinic are required to wear a single-use procedural/surgical mask. If patients are wearing a reusable cloth mask the clinic will ask you to change into one of ours for your appointment.
All patients and visitors will be asked to clean their hands prior to and following any clinical interactions.
7. OPERATIONAL PRACTICES
Physical barriers and appropriate physical distancing measures will be enacted as required by the Chief Medical Officer of Alberta.
Managing our clinic schedules: This includes ensuring booking enables physical distancing between patients during treatment sessions and provides adequate time to clean and disinfect clinic equipment and treatment areas between patients.
The clinic will keep a manifest of every person (patient, visitors, staff, other) entering the clinic each day – as advised by our regulatory body – this log will be maintained with privacy as top priority but will serve to help with contact tracing in the event there is an exposure to COVID 19
Patients are requested to arrive right on time – in order to limit any potential for congregation in common areas of the clinic.
Touchless administrative procedures will be used where possible (tap payments, no cash transactions and emailed receipts/statements.
PROCEDURES FOR PATIENTS:
PRIOR TO BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
- Complete the self screening tool online or over the phone with our administrative team members or online on our website
UPON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT AND ARRIVAL AT THE CLINIC
- Re-take the screening tool – in the event that your status has changed since the time of the initial booking please notify the clinic. Please be advised that at this time we are unable to allow clinic access to any individuals who exhibit symptoms or other cause for concern
- Arrive right on time for your scheduled appointment. Please DO NOT arrive early to ensure no potential congregation in the waiting area while late arrival may result in the limitation of treatment time available to you.
- Wear proper PPE – a single-use medical grade surgical mask (will be provided to patients that do not bring one with them for a fee) **More info below
- Proceed to sanitize hands – hand sanitizer is located at the front of the clinic and at the reception desk. A request to sanitize once entering the treatment room may be required
- Answer screening questions posed by your practitioner and proceed to treatment
- Please also bring your own change of clothes if needed for your treatment (shorts, tank top, etc.) to reduce the amount of staff exposure to laundry
FOLLOWING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Sanitize your hands prior to exiting the treatment room
- Check out using contactless methods where possible (tap payments), no cash transactions and email receipts and statements, re-book online/via phone call with admin staff or with your practitioner
- Exit the clinic
** Disposable PPE masks are available at the clinic for patient use while being treated for $1.00
This cost is used to offset the cost of these highly sought-after PPEs and all fees collected will be donated to the Calgary Health Trust: Giving Hearts Covid-19 Response Fund to support our front-line workers here in Calgary.