Active Release Techniques® (ART®) in Calgary
What is Active Release Techniques® (ART®)?
Active Release Techniques® (ART®) focuses on releasing muscular shortness and tightness. It is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion.
What is Fascia?
Fascia is a thin, tough, elastic type of connective tissue that wraps most structures within the human body, including muscle. Fascia supports and protects these structures.
Did you know?
- Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures create Myofascial restrictions that can produce tensile pressures of approximately 2,000 pounds per square inch on pain sensitive structures that do not show up in many of the standard tests (x-rays, myelograms, CAT scans, electromyography, etc.)
How can we help?
The use of Active Release Techniques® allows us to look at each patient as a unique individual. Our one-on-one therapy sessions are hands-on treatments during which our therapists use a multitude of Active Release Techniques® and movement therapy. Each Active Release Techniques® session is performed directly on skin without oils, creams or machinery. This enables the therapist to accurately detect fascial restrictions and apply the appropriate amount of sustained pressure to facilitate release of the fascia.
What can Active Release Techniques® help you with?
Active Release Techniques® can help with many conditions such as:
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- headaches, including migraine
- hip, knee and ankle pain
- neck pain
- nerve entrapments and related numbness and tingling
- plantar fasciitis
- shin splints
- shoulder, elbow and wrist pain
- sports and running injuries
- stress-related muscle tension
- tennis/golfer’s elbow
- upper, middle or lower back pain
- whiplash and motor vehicle accident injuries