Custom Fit Foot Orthotics Calgary
What is Custom Foot Orthotics?
A custom orthotic is a device designed to align the foot and ankle into the most anatomically efficient position. They look like insoles, but are biomechanical medical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. They are designed to reduce the stress and strain on your body by bringing your feet back into proper alignment. The plastic body of the custom orthotic helps to re-align the foot by redirecting and reducing certain motion that takes place during the gait cycle thereby improving foot biomechanics. They will help position your foot so you will be using the right muscles at the right time, minimizing fatigue and allowing your muscles to be used more efficiently. Custom orthotics fit into your shoes as comfortably as an insole. Custom orthotics are made from a precise dynamic assessment of your feet and they can be used to treat a variety of conditions.
What can Custom Foot Orthotics help you with?
Custom Foot Orthotics can help with many conditions such as:
- achilles tendonitis
- congenital flat feet
- hammer toe
- heel spurs and pain
- hip syndromes (including iliotibial band syndrome)
- knee pain
- medial tibial stress syndrome (shin splints)
- plantar fasciitis
- spinal mobility
Centennial Wellness has partnered with Peak Orthotics using the Amfit System. The fitting of the orthotic starts with the patient’s foot being scanned with the use of the Amfit Footfax Digitizer. From here, the chosen EVA foam blank is loaded into our incredibly precise CAD/CAM miller. This is where the orthotic device gets carved exactly to the specifications of the scan taken. Then, the rough cut is adjusted and buffed to fit the patient’s intended footwear. Finally, a top cover of choice is then laminated to the finalized custom orthotics.
Did you know?
- The Amfit System is precise; you can visually see and adjust the product before making it.
- Simple and practical; ease of use for customizing orthotics for every need through the correct and confirm medical software.
- Time and material efficient;there is no need for plaster casting and storing the casts.
- Versatile; different densities of EVA foam full length or ¾ provide a very versatile, flexible and functional orthotic for all types of footwear & active functions.
- Comfortable; a more precise system means more comfortable orthotic (less than 1% return rate with 100% satisfaction guarantee over the last four years!)
- Durable; one material is carved to its shape by an ultra-precise CAD/CAM miller, not heat molded, so the devices stay at their natural shape, even after years of use. Also, the orthotic underside is flat for structural strength.
- Internationally acclaimed; the Amfit® System (3D Contact Digitizing) is one of the two official ways, along with plaster casting, to properly measure the undersurface of the foot. Most extended health care insurance plans cover patients for custom orthotics from the Amfit®System.