Motor Vehicle Accident Assessments (MVA)
How can we help?
At Centennial Wellness, we provide comprehensive assessment, treatment plan, and rehabilitation to youth, adults and their families who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our practitioners develop a personal plan that suits your individual needs. We also assist in completing the necessary paperwork required by the insurance provider and forward that paperwork for the required approvals. Our practitioners offer: Chiropractic assessment and treatment, Registered Massage Therapy, Physical Therapy, Injury Rehabilitation and Exercise Design Prescription, Myofascial Release Therapy and Graston Therapy.
Injured in an automobile accident?
Take the following steps:
- See a primary health care practitioner (Chiropractor, Medical Doctor, Physical Therapist) as soon as possible for an assessment of your injury and, if needed, treatment advice.
- A Medical Doctor note or referral is not required to see a Chiropractor.
- File an injury accident report with the police.
- Complete a Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form (AB-1) and retain a copy for your records and send the original signed form(s) to the insurance company. If you are unable to send the form within the following timeframes, submit it to your insurance company as soon as possible and explain the reason for the delay.
- For sprains, strains, or whiplash I or II, you must submit this form within 10 days of the accident to access the “Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols” coverage. If you have been diagnosed in this category you will have 90 days to access up to 21 pre-approved visits from your Chiropractor.
- For other injuries or if you choose not to access the “Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols” coverage, you must submit this form within 30 days of the accident.
- You will be contacted about the benefits you are entitled to receive after the insurance company reviews your completed form. If your insurance company needs any additional information in order to process your application, they will contact you.